Monday, January 10, 2011

Celine Dion Talks About Postpartum Depression




“Some of the first days after I came home, I was a little outside myself,” recounts Dion. “I had no appetite, and that bothered me. My mother remarked that she noticed I had moments of lifelessness, but reassured me that this was entirely normal.


 Experts say 5%-25% of mothers experience postpartum depression after childbirth. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow revealed she experienced crippling postnatal depression for several months after delivering son Moses in 2006.

 "Sometimes I find myself in comical situations," she says. "For example, when both are feeding and one has gas while the other is burping, I don’t know which one to tend to first!”


I can only imagine having 2 babies at the same time, both hungry at the same time and wanting to be the best mother I could be. Celine shares her experience so that other don't feel alone. I give her kudo's at 42 now a mother of 3 boys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment