Wednesday, December 22, 2010

After her lead single "I Ain't Thru" featuring Young Money rapper Nicki Minaj failed to chart, R&B singer Keyshia Cole voiced her regrets for releasing the song. In a business where many artists are trying to put out their own single with label interference, Cole says she should have listened to her team on what song to put out.

“The label didn’t really want to drop the record because they knew that people wanted a more intense, soulful record from me about love and I really should have followed (their) direction,” Cole tells the Associated Press.

Nevertheless, Cole insisted she doesn't regret it, saying "I wanted that to be a statement record. It's like saying, 'I'm doing me, you know. I don't have no regrets for nothing that I'm doing."

Cole’s second single "Long Way Down" quickly caught naysayer’s attention and so far she’s happy with the record’s results.

"People are gravitating more toward [the song]," she stated. "I just think that people expect me to be, you know, an artist that sings about just love. But I'm always growing as an artist and I have to feed my artistry."

“Maybe there’s someone out there that can give you that sad sad song, because it's not me,” Cole recently tells Singersroom.

Keyshia Cole's new album 'Calling All Hearts' is in stores and online now.

No comments:

Post a Comment